One Life Charity Pub Quiz – Questions and Answers
ROUND 1: CINEMA
1. What was Richard Burton’s last film?
- Circle of Two
2. What was the title of the 1956 film in which Elvis Presley made his film debut?
- Love Me Tender
3. Actress Sigourney Weaver’s real first name is not Sigourney but what is it?
4. Luke Skywalker discovered his fathers identity in which Star Wars Film?
- A New Hope
- The Empire Strikes Back
- Return of the Jedi
5. Who was the youngest actor to have played James Bond?
- Sean Connery (32)
- Daniel Craig (38)
- George Lazenby (30) On Her Majestys Secret Service 1969
6. From which film is the quote: “Hasta la vista, baby”?
- TEMRINATOR 2
ROUND 2: TRIVIA
1. What does the “V” stand for in DVD? – Versatile
2. Due to a Treaty of 1959, signed by 12 nations, which region of earth has all military operations prohibited? – Antarctica
3. Which is the smallest of the 50 states in the USA – Rhode Island
4. Which is the world oldest airline still using its original name? – KLM (Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij)
5. In New Orleans the Mardi Gras festival takes place in which month each year? – February
6. Although used as a nickname for US soldiers, what does GI actually stand for? – Government Issue
ROUND 3: MUSIC
1. In which decade was Dolly Parton born?
- 1940’s / 1950’s / 1960’s
2. Name Bob Geldof’s two daughters? Both beginning with the letter “P”.
- Peaches and Pixie
3. Which Album is claimed to be the best selling album of all time with 100 million copies sold
- “Thriller”, Michael Jackson 1980
4. How many tones are they in an octave?
- 2; 4; 8
5. Classical operatic singing is called ‘bel canto’. What does it mean?
- Good voice
- Beautiful singing
- Easy signing
6. The Motown label was incorporated in…?
ROUND 4: HISTORY AND SCIENCE
1. Prior to 1664, what was New York called?
- New Amsterdam
2. How was Tutankhamon reputed to have died?
- infected with plague
- broken leg
3. Which European country remained neutral throughout the second world war despite the Germans bombing its capital city in May 1941 by accident?
4. In which year was the first email sent?
5. How many men have walked on the moon?
6. Which ancient Greek philosopher described over 500 species and came up with a classification system of them?
ROUND 5: BULGARIA
1. The first railroad in Bulgaria was built by English company and opened in 07.11.1866. Which two cities were connected with it?
- Sofia – Plovdiv
- Plovdiv – Istanbul
- Ruse – Varna
2. The Panagyurishte Gold Treasure belonged to unknown Tracian king and consist of 9 items. What it their purpose?
- eating set
- drinking set
3. Former Prime Minister Zhan Videnov and the current one Sergey Stanishev have common employment record. What is it?
- no employment
4. Who was on the cover page of first issue of Bulgarian Playboy?
- Lili Ivanova
- Sonya Vassy
- Stefka Kostadinova
5. The first Bulgaria distilled whisky released on the home market was called:
- Thirsty Dragon
- Wild Goat
- Red Star
6. Kotooushu Katzunori is the Japanese name of Bulgarian sumo wrestler:
- Boyan Radev
- Kaloyan Mahlyanov
- Valentin Yordanov
ROUND 6: SPORT
1. 1st Fberuary 2009 is American Football Super Bowl Final. Which cities do the two teams come from making up the finalists?
- Pittsburgh / Atlanta
2. In 2002 Real Madrid won the European Cup/Champions League for the X time?
3. Which is the longest Olympic athletic event in distance?
- 50 km walk
4. Which was Roger Federer’s first Grand Slam?
- Wimbledon 2003
- Australian Open 2004
- US Open 2003
5. In Motor Racing, where is the Albert Park Formula 1 track?
6. How many world records did the famous American swimmer Mark Spitz set during his carrier?
…and the winners (“CMS Upstarts”) answer sheet is: